Freebee Coronavirus Updates
As Freebee continues to monitor the latest information from federal, state, and local health officials regarding the spread of novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Freebee has augmented standard operating procedures to safeguard the health of all riders, employees, and the communities we serve.
Our Freebee drivers and other staff are thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting all transit vehicles at regular intervals throughout the day with high-grade sanitizers and multi-purpose cleaners. Additionally, our staff is focusing their attention on disinfecting hard surfaces and high-contact areas such as doors, handles, and seats.
Freebee will continue to follow the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Florida Department of Health (FDOH), and the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Transit Administration (FTA) on the most effective preventive measures to ensure the actions we’re taking are comprehensive and appropriate.
We are also advising riders and employees to follow the CDC prevention recommendations.
Freebee riders are encouraged to follow these COVID-19 prevention tips:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol to help prevent the spread of germs.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve or elbow.
- Clean, and disinfect frequently, touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Any individuals who believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should call their local Department of Health. This should be done prior to traveling to any medical office or facility. The Florida Department of Health has a dedicated call center for COVID-19 questions and concerns. The phone number is 866-779-6121, or you can email [email protected].